Cosmo Terminal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for F-Zero fans

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Soul Calibur

Go down 
+2
Neko-Chan
Black_ShadowGX
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Black_ShadowGX
Black_ShadowGX

Soul Calibur Empty
PostSubject: Soul Calibur   Soul Calibur EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 3:42 pm

Note I love both Soul Calibur & Soul Calibur 2, but recently this series has started to suck a **** a donkey couldn't drag.

It seems Project Soul just doesn't give a damn about this game series, and just rushes it to make a quick buck.
Back to top Go down
Neko-Chan
Neko-Chan

Soul Calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur   Soul Calibur EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 9:51 pm

One of my favorite fighting game with Street Fighter series (without the 4th) and King Of Fighters.

The first episode were released on Playstation as Soul Edge/Soul Blade in 1995.

Generaly players loved the 3 first episodes (include Soul Edge ) . Soulcalibur 3 was average and the 4th is the worst, concerning the sales.

Note : Soul Edge/Soul Blade has the best intro ever --> Intro
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Phoenix Rider
Co-admin
Rainbow Phoenix Rider

Soul Calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur   Soul Calibur EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 12:10 pm

Uhhh.... could someone fill me in on why the recent games are so bad (I've only played SCIV) ?
Back to top Go down
Reibeast
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie
Reibeast

Soul Calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur   Soul Calibur EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 1:31 pm

I've pretty much enjoyed all the games, especially the custom character features in the later game.
I personally haven't seen much decline in the games, but then I'm not really a hardcore fan, and it's not all that srs bzns.

As far as fighting games go, it's one of my favourites, regardless of which version it is.
Back to top Go down
Neko-Chan
Neko-Chan

Soul Calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur   Soul Calibur EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Forgot to tell , the IV was a bad selling comparing with the olders.

The game is still good and the latest graphics are awesome. And I love the design of Ashlotte ^^
Back to top Go down
Black_ShadowGX
Black_ShadowGX

Soul Calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur   Soul Calibur EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:27 am

if you haven't played neither Soul Calibur 2 or Soul Calibur I suggest picking up the Gamecube version of SC2 since you can play it on your Wii, and if you want you could find the old Dreamcast copy of SC1. Trust me you'll have a far better time with those games than 4.

I personally feel the creator creation mode is a half-assed attempt to get casuals into the series, it's basically a glorified skin re-texture than it is an actually character creation.

IMHO the character designs of SC4 are **** faced ugly. The bonus characters of SC4 are far worse than Necrid and stick out piss poorly, and the only guest characters who technically "fit" are Heihachi & Kratos.

Basically the entire series has just fallen short due to half assed modes, constant reusing same levels and music but different time settings, character models looking more and more ridiculous, the fighting system getting more buggy & toned down compared to previous entries in the series. There is no sense of balance period.

Project Soul has got to be the worst thing to happen to this series, at least I got Tekken which unlike SC is a good fighting game. SC just has casual appeal and the legacy of it's past title keeping it alive nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Neko-Chan
Neko-Chan

Soul Calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur   Soul Calibur EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:20 pm

Black_ShadowGX wrote:

IMHO the character designs of SC4 are **** faced ugly. The bonus characters of SC4 are far worse than Necrid and stick out piss poorly, and the only guest characters who technically "fit" are Heihachi & Kratos.

Like these four ladies :Taki, Sophitia ,Cassandra and Ivy ?
Soul Calibur Soulcalibur4art1

I don't like their new chest size : when it's too much , it's too much.

Some of the character are still nice design like Amy wearing gothic Lolita outfit or Kilik.

And the bonus characters Darth Vador and Yoda ....makes me laugh.
Back to top Go down
SpaceSmilodon
Admin
SpaceSmilodon

Soul Calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur   Soul Calibur EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:24 pm

Lol yeah darth vader and yoda. I loved that they put Spawn in SC2 though. He was awesome to play with.
Back to top Go down
http://nippah.deviantart.com
Reibeast
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie
Reibeast

Soul Calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur   Soul Calibur EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:24 am

I have to admit, I hate playing against Yoda. He's too small to hit and anyone using him just spams the hell out of me.

I love the apprentice though.

And the women are just rediculous. I created a custom Ivy to play story mode with just so I could cover her up.
Back to top Go down
Black_ShadowGX
Black_ShadowGX

Soul Calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur   Soul Calibur EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:41 pm

Reibeast wrote:
I have to admit, I hate playing against Yoda. He's too small to hit and anyone using him just spams the hell out of me.

I love the apprentice though.

And the women are just rediculous. I created a custom Ivy to play story mode with just so I could cover her up.

Yoda also is worse than Rock in SC4 which makes him the only video game character I know to be both broken and useless at the same time lol.

SC has gotten ridiculous with their females in particular, I'm one of those that find Amy to be a useless addition to the story but whatever. Especially when Li Long and Hwang are more popular than her and had huge support for the SC4 and were both denied entry.

I've seen guys dropped from the roster yet none of the females get dropped? I'm sorry but with the way Seong Mi-Na is going she just needs to be dropped along with Ivy & Sophita(two of the ugliest chicks by far in video games).
Back to top Go down
SpaceSmilodon
Admin
SpaceSmilodon

Soul Calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur   Soul Calibur EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:06 pm

True. The female characters are getting worse and worse. D| They either reinforce stereotypes *coughcoughivycough* or just look plain stupid.

The character's design aren't really nice either. I liked them better in the two firsts SCs.

At first knowing that SC3 and 4 were not going to be playable on Nintendo consoles, I was mad but seeing how bad they turned out, I'm pretty glad I could never play them. D:­>
Back to top Go down
http://nippah.deviantart.com
Omegamarth
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie

Soul Calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur   Soul Calibur EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 3:50 pm

I own Soul Edge, Soul Calibur, Soul Calibur 3, Soul Calibur 4, and Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny.

I normally play BD or 4 though. I used to own 2, but sold it to get Tekken 5.

I play Tekken more than SC, so it makes sense to me.

SC is FULL of broken characters, do not get me started on how they need to fix that damn game.

It still kicks ass though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soul Calibur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur   Soul Calibur Empty

Back to top Go down

Soul Calibur
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmo Terminal :: Other games :: General Gaming Discussion-
Jump to: