A forum for F-Zero fans

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Black_ShadowGX

PostSubject: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:34 pm

Since F-Zero is currently represented by Captain Falcon in SSB, I was wondering what characters you think have a chance of making it to the fighting scene.

Possible newcomers(IMHO)
Samurai Goroh(Captain Falcon's 1st rival)

Jody Summer(F-Zero's first female protagonist)

Blood Falcon(Easy moveset potential, one of Falcon's most deadly rivals)

Black Shadow(Questionably the Main Bad Guy for the series and Falcon's arch nemesis)

Princia(2nd female protagonist, and main character of AX)

Phoenix(Another main hero & alongside Princia as the main AX chars)

Deathborn(Unquestionably the most powerful villain in the series)

These 7 could easily join the SSB roster cause they represent important parts of F-Zero and are often advertised more than other characters.

The reason i did not included MV & Anime games is because the rules of SSB that Sakurai laid down is that the characters must originate from the main games and anime originals are not viable for the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curty
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:41 pm

I'd have to say that if another F-Zero character entered the Smash Bros series, it would have to be Goroh. He's the only one that's almost as well known as Falcon, as well as being a fighter anyways. Samurai sword fighting would be fun in Smash Bros nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://curty86.deviantart.com/
Black_ShadowGX

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:57 pm

I'm not saying this to be biased but I want 2 F-Zero characters to join in SSB4. Goroh could be a starter along side Falcon in the Game, but Black Shadow has gained quite alot in popularity in Japan and he may be the 2nd most recognizable character now due to that Falcon Punch Fad alone.

It's quite clear these two are the important characters, one is a veteran and Falcon's oldest rival, while the other has more story support and is a very deadly villain.

If Star Fox has 3 characters, I don't see why F-Zero can't have that many as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curty
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:03 pm

Black_ShadowGX wrote:
It's quite clear these two are the important characters, one is a veteran and Falcon's oldest rival, while the other has more story support and is a very deadly villain.

If Star Fox has 3 characters, I don't see why F-Zero can't have that many as well.

I'd guess that Zoda is likely a more popular villain, just because of the anime. And as for the Starfox comment, sadly I will say that Starfox's popularity surpasses F-Zero's in this day. (Although not for good reason, I will add)
Back to top Go down
Black_ShadowGX

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:11 pm

Star Fox is a good series I won't knock it. Though Command Sucked. Razz

But in Brawl the series did seem to have a favoritism going on. Well isdormon(gamefaqs) did say in a topic Black Shadow was one of the few characters(others being Mewtwo & Roy) the Japanese were looking for in the game after it's release. Though that may have been because of Goroh's AT status.

Goroh has a solid replacement for him as an AT in Dai Goroh & Deathborn could easily be a boss for the next game's story mode. Zoda is popular no doubt, though going by storyline importance Shadow and Goroh quite frankly surpass him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curty
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:38 pm

Black_ShadowGX wrote:
Goroh has a solid replacement for him as an AT in Dai Goroh & Deathborn could easily be a boss for the next game's story mode. Zoda is popular no doubt, though going by storyline importance Shadow and Goroh quite frankly surpass him.

Indeed, but Smash Bros isn't exactly about story, since it's a non-canon mismash of people. The inclusion of characters is pretty much a popularity contest.
Back to top Go down
Reibeast
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:03 am

I don't think Blood would ever be a seperate character, as he's already a costume replacement for Captain.
What would be nice, is if they could expand on those costume replacement characters that they put in Brawl by having their names come up during combat.
There's enough there. Claus, Daisy, Shadow Knight, Dark Link. Other characters can easily be modded, for example I've seen wonderful texture hacks of James McCloud, Galaxia Knight and others.
So simply, what I'm saying is, replace those birdies with skulls, and give him a real name, and the Blood recolour will do just fine.

As for Goroh, well... If talk is to be believed, Goroh was originally intended to be playable. However, by the time they'd made his model, they decided because the new Pikmin game was coming out soon, they put in Olimar instead, and reduced Goroh to AT duty.
But I don't know how true that is. All I know, is that I would have preferred Goroh to Olimar... Who you can't do anything with. DX

But, if I were to choose just one F-Zero character for the game, it would definately be Black Shadow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blitz_Wagner
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:35 am

Since the canon series is all the matters for qualifications to SSB, there is one clear candidate for the 2nd F-Zero slot. But it is NOT Samurai Goroh.

Goroh I know is probably a lot of people's choice pick but I just don't agree with it. Goroh himself serves a role as a Frank Burns character. He was made in mind to make the main character(Falcon) look better by comparison. Goroh is fat, Falcon is ripped. Goroh uses a sword, Falcon has a gun. Goroh relies on his gang, Falcon can solo against a gang. Anything Goroh has, Falcon has a better version or simply outclasses him. We first see this in the comic for F-Zero where Goroh was easily brushed aside and Falcon just never acknowledged him as a rival.

Since a large majority of X is no longer canon I'll just leave it out. GX in the game's story mode Goroh serves this purpose again in Chapter 2. This chapter is considered the easiest chapter in the game by a large number of People despite Goroh's infinite boosts and falling boulders. And after the clearing the chapter Falcon just drives on not caring about Goroh while Gorh gets blown away by his own machine.

Remember the Only country where popularity matters for smash is Japan. Everywhere else is non consistent. Smash is more than a popularity game, is also a relevance game for Nintendo's more important characters. That's why you do not see spin-offs characters such as Waluigi, Paper Mario, Mona, Tingle, etc. playable in smash.

Despite being popular, those certain characters aren't qualified for smash. There are two other characters who were perfectly qualified for smash except for one trait that makes them non fighters. Toad & Slippy. Both characters are important in their respective series, both have connections with main characters(Peach & Fox), and have served an important role before in their time. But why hasn't Toad & Slippy joined the roster despite their importance & popularity?

They are not the best characters for a fight. That was Sakurai's solid reason for not including animal crossing characters for smash. Toad and Slippy are known for their high unreliability in a fight. They often need rescuing from friends in order to survive. That's why Toad is part of Peach's moveset and Slippy is left for his Arwing. For a FIGHTING game that's a killing trait for a part of the roster. There are characters with exceptions for this however. (R.O.B.)

How does that go for Goroh as well? It's simple he isn't the best fighter either. Think about this for a second, Goroh is living in the Year 2571. This is an era where swords are highly outclassed by guns and other weapon forms. So not only is Goroh using a very out dated weapon, but it's part of the F-Zero canon that his son who is 10, is not only the better F-Zero pilot, but is a better swordsman as well. Goroh is known for being a martial artist but Guster who is known as a street thug at best was never beaten by Goroh in hand to hand either. Goroh CAN fight, but he is NOT a good fighter, and one of the many reasons Captain Falcon just doesn't take hims seriously.

But if Goroh isn't then who is? It's just
Black Shadow Who's story relevance and popularity in Japan has sky rocketed. He was one of the few characters the Japanese were looking for when the game Brawl was released for a reason. What does Black Shadow have over Goroh? One clear thing Black Shadow has is that Captain Falcon sees Black Shadow as a threat to his life. Remember Black Shadow does not want to beat Falcon over a petty dispute Black Shadow wants to KILL Falcon. He's not in F-Zero for the thrill or money the only reason he even showed up was because of Falcon's known participation in the GP.

In the canon of F-Zero he's profile in GX(Japanese) starts out like this "Have exceptional brutality and cruelty, evil in Lord of the universe's most feared. No one was caught Captain Falcon is a bounty hunter in a competent minions my way with everything that is evil plans. So he has a plan to kill the Captain Falcon. Many hundreds of billions of people to raise the血祭Ri Captain Falcon in front of the "F-ZERO X Grand Prix" but has been competing in the Grand Prix is the last thing to die away pulp Conversely, they are listening to victory that had played a blunder. This is a burning flame of revenge, beating Captain Falcon doing what it thinks trying to win." That directly translated from his Japanese profile btw here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F_cQBImz3Q

Basically What we see is more than a rivalry, this is a fight Captain Falcon isn't fighting for money or fame, the prize is keeping his life sustained for just a little longer. Black Shadow is known to be world destroyer in the canon of F-Zero, he is known for disposing of minions is a very cruel fashion for failing. The Galactic Federation themselves fear Black Shadow more than anyone else in their universe(remember Deathborn is only known to the Galaxy Police aka Phoenix's unit from the 29th century and doesn't show himself like what Black Shadow does.)

Let's take a look during GX's story mode. Yes, we see Shadow treated like a child around Deathborn, but one thing Deathborn has over Shadow was that Deathborn was created by the very God's of the F-Zero universe to be the perfect being, and it's fairly safe to assume Deathborn far exceeds Black Shadow's own power. Even with that Black Shadow also destroyed the Galactic Federation who tried to stop him, Lightning for the most part was left in ruins, and he almost took Falcon's life in the story mode as well.

Let's not try to use moveset potential as a argument either cause quite frankly it's whatever Sakurai thinks up. Characters who had the potential to be unique ended up being clones and characters who did have a viable moveset possible ended up with a working moveset.

Even with this I still believe F-Zero will not get another rep until a new game is released.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curty
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:50 am

Blitz_Wagner wrote:
Falcon has a gun.

Falcon has a gun?
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Phoenix Rider
Co-admin

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:06 am

Curty wrote:
Blitz_Wagner wrote:
Falcon has a gun.

Falcon has a gun?

Yeah he does, didn't you notice his gun holster on his waist?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curty
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:25 am

Captain Falcon wrote:
Curty wrote:
Blitz_Wagner wrote:
Falcon has a gun.

Falcon has a gun?

Yeah he does, didn't you notice his gun holster on his waist?

I guess I have, but I don't think I've ever seen him use it.
Back to top Go down
Reibeast
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:36 am

He's only ever been seen using it once, in the comic that came with, I think, the original F-Zero?
But yeah, he's never used it since.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black_ShadowGX

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:51 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curty
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:55 am

I personally get the feeling Falcon is more of a "raawww, I'll fight evil and bring forth justice with my bare hands!"
Back to top Go down
Black_ShadowGX

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:12 pm

That's Smash Falcon, not F-Zero Falcon.

I see Falcon using his gun in desperate situations. Falcon could take down thugs like Michael Chain with his hands, though he would have to use his gun to take someone non-human down. Remember he is still a human in F-Zero. Something like scale-head in that old comic Falcon just couldn't take on using his hands.

You have to remember though Falcon doesn't jump into action like a hero. Falcon is more of a reluctant hero, he does good deeds only if they end up with some money in his hands. He's stated to love the F-Zero & Prize money more than anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NanoZero07
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:58 am

Smash Falcon just, out of the blue, gained the ability to wield fire in his punches and kicks. He really wouldn't need to use his gun. F-Zero Falcon would probably be able to do the same moves minus the flames, but he wouldn't anyway.

The comic really is the only instance that he uses his gun. Hell, he didn't even use it in the anime. Well, he really hasn't been very desperate, has he? But I feel that time will be coming for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blitz_Wagner
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:35 pm

NanoZero07 wrote:
Smash Falcon just, out of the blue, gained the ability to wield fire in his punches and kicks. He really wouldn't need to use his gun. F-Zero Falcon would probably be able to do the same moves minus the flames, but he wouldn't anyway.

The comic really is the only instance that he uses his gun. Hell, he didn't even use it in the anime. Well, he really hasn't been very desperate, has he? But I feel that time will be coming for him.

I think what someone said before perfectly explains smash bros.

"It takes Characters and places from the Nintendo series, and throws them into it's own unique world" Basically it's a series borrowing characters from other but these characters are the SSB versions of those characters. Like Link being able to jump with out a ledge and seriously before SSB did Samus actually fist fight at all?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curty
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:33 pm

Blitz_Wagner wrote:
Like Link being able to jump with out a ledge

Link can jump in Zelda 2 and Link's Awakening =3
Back to top Go down
Blitz_Wagner
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:47 pm

I thought those two were also the most hated Zelda games as well?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curty
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:15 pm

Blitz_Wagner wrote:
I thought those two were also the most hated Zelda games as well?

Link's Awakening = crazy awesome. And even if they were, I don't think that negates the point =P
Back to top Go down
Blitz_Wagner
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:54 am

True I'll give you that one, though the recent incarnations of Link don't have him jumping without a ledge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters   

Back to top Go down

Possible Newcomer F-Zero characters
Page 1 of 1