Cosmo Terminal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for F-Zero fans

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.

Go down 
+4
Reibeast
SpaceSmilodon
Rainbow Phoenix Rider
Black_ShadowGX
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Black_ShadowGX
Black_ShadowGX

What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. Empty
PostSubject: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:44 am

I know this maybe a hot topic once we get some more members, but I think this question needs to be asked anyways.

Did anyone have a complaint about the anime, or just didn't like some parts of it?

I did not like the AX chars & Deathborn getting the boot in the anime, that is my main gripe against it.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Phoenix Rider
Co-admin
Rainbow Phoenix Rider

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:27 am

Black_ShadowGX wrote:
I know this maybe a hot topic once we get some more members, but I think this question needs to be asked anyways.

Did anyone have a complaint about the anime, or just didn't like some parts of it?

I did not like the AX chars & Deathborn getting the boot in the anime, that is my main gripe against it.

Well, Deathborn and Don Genie appear at one point I think.

What I didn't like was Ryu always moping over his girlfriend, that does get tiring.
Back to top Go down
SpaceSmilodon
Admin
SpaceSmilodon

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 12:16 pm

It was good overall. But I think there should be only one Falcon. xD
Back to top Go down
http://nippah.deviantart.com
Reibeast
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie
Reibeast

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 12:41 pm

I think, the main thing for me, is that it was a reboot continuity. That did ruin it a little for me.
And before anyone says "OMFG U R SOOO NARROWMINDED *spazz*" ... I did like the anime. I thought it was good, not great. I may not be a 'fan' of it, but I liked it.

Some of the stories and the plotlines were great, I love how they fleshed out the characters and their personalities. I just wish they could have applied it to the GX/AX-verse, instead of changing so much.

Plus, for me, Captain Falcon will always be Douglas Jay, and not that pretendinator.
On that note, I never really connected that much with Ryu as a main character. I took absolutely no interest in him whatsoever... And don't even get me started on him becoming Captain Falcon. *grumble*

Uh, yeah. So, those are my thoughts on the anime. It had a lot of good ideas, I just think they applied them the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
Neko-Chan
Neko-Chan

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 2:10 pm

Goods things of the anime :

-The story
-numbers of episodes
-good voices (I'm talking about the original japanese voices)

Bad things:
-characters designs average . The designer was Toyo Ashida , the one who already did Vampire Hunter D (the first movie) and Hokuto No Ken , he did better.
-I don't like too much the characters created for the anime : the best was Lisa .
Back to top Go down
Black_ShadowGX
Black_ShadowGX

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 5:37 pm

Captain Falcon wrote:
Black_ShadowGX wrote:

Well, Deathborn and Don Genie appear at one point I think.

What I didn't like was Ryu always moping over his girlfriend, that does get tiring.

Well I know they appeared but they were really nothing more than Black Shadow's alter egos or in his case "Shadows".

Here are the pluses from me.
+ Characters were fleshed out right
+ The Story was good and original for a racer
+ The Japanese Voices were excellent
+ The episodes were entertaining
+ the main Character was not a stereo typical teenager/kid but rather a man and his struggles.

Here are my negatives of it.
- It was a reboot continuity
- Captain Falcon, while a main character was not THE main guy.
- 4kids
- There were some inconsistency in these episodes such as Gomar & Shioh's machine appearing before they did but when they did appear they did not have an F-Zero machine.
- While the GX/AX chars cameo ed in the anime they were not a part of it.
Back to top Go down
SpaceSmilodon
Admin
SpaceSmilodon

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 5:38 pm

Lol, everything 4kids touched it instantly becomes a negative side of any anime or something lmao
Back to top Go down
Neko-Chan
Neko-Chan

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 5:50 pm

SpaceSmilodon wrote:
Lol, everything 4kids touched it instantly becomes a negative side of any anime or something lmao

Yes because of the censored parts , the open and ending song are crap, and the history become for childs.

Why 4Kids decided to stop broadcasting this anime ?

We had the same company in France called Ab Productions (It doesn't exist now , I think)
Back to top Go down
Black_ShadowGX
Black_ShadowGX

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 5:53 pm

Neko-Chan wrote:
SpaceSmilodon wrote:

Yes because of the censored parts , the open and ending song are crap, and the history become for childs.

Why 4Kids decided to stop broadcasting this anime ?

We had the same company in France called Ab Productions (It doesn't exist now , I think)

They canceled the anime due to poor ratings and the fact Nintendo was actually stepping in to try and keep them from censoring the show. From what I;ve heared they favoured Rick over Falcon and decided to erase Falcon from parts of the show and considered Black Shadow "too devilish" for kids and were favoring Zoda over him.

I'm not joking on either part.
Back to top Go down
Neko-Chan
Neko-Chan

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:10 pm

No It's a joke , isn't ?
So BlackShadow is too devilish ? Because of his horns ? I think it's really stupid and sometimes I can't understand the censorship.

I understand for Rick/Ryu
Spoiler:

I see they censor only anime from Japan, not the others even if it's more violent.
Back to top Go down
SpaceSmilodon
Admin
SpaceSmilodon

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:12 pm

I never really noticed that, I was only watching 4kid when F-Zero was there.

God, I guess the ending would've been WAY TOO violent for them lmfao.
Back to top Go down
DragonBird00
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie
DragonBird00

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:29 pm

*Steps out from behind a rock*
Hear me out on this...
I think it was a good choice not having Falcon as the main character, because if he was, the anime was would be extremely serious and boring. Falcon isn't a joker, and he doesn't really blunder. If he was the main guy, I really think that would just downgrade him and turn him into a joke, because he'd be put into silly situations. Main characters are typically supposed to be...well...idiots. xD

Besides, if a racer of his great status were the main character, he wouldn't be able to casually mingle with the other racers. There'd be like, nothing to the anime.

Falcon: I'm gonna win.
Jody: I'll help. Must defeat baddies.
Falcon: Cool.
Black Shadow: Roar.
Falcon: *Wins GP*
Everyone: YAY!

Anyway. The only thing I didn't like in the anime was Falcon dying and Ryu taking his place. (:
Back to top Go down
http://dragonbird00.deviantart.com/
Reibeast
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie
Reibeast

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:57 am

Black_ShadowGX wrote:

- 4kids

Says everything, don't it? XD

My siblings and I have come up with several 4kids based parodies of F-Zero. Especially the final episode's climactic ending. "I sure would like some tasty pie!" "FALCON PIE!" ... Actually, that sounds like it could be censored for a whole different reason.
I won't talk about Blood Falcon's tea party. XD

I nad no real problem with Falcon not being the focal character. This is because he's a badass hero. If you put the badass hero as the lead, your plot tends te become very linear. Fine for movies (Falcon movie? WANT) but not so much for series. For a series, you need your main to be bumbling hero, at best.

But Falcon still should have been Dougie J... Captain Falcon Ch'yeah.
Back to top Go down
SpaceSmilodon
Admin
SpaceSmilodon

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:59 am

LOL Falcon pie.

Me wants Falcon movie too CB
Back to top Go down
Black_ShadowGX
Black_ShadowGX

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:33 am

Trust me I had no true dislike for Ryu Suzaku. I did find him funny, and a good lead character, though you do have to understand the complaints against him.

But its stupid how some people do only compare Ryu's strength's & Weakness against only Captain Falcon's strengths. (Then again a lot of this goes on for various things).

I used to dislike Ryu(and the anime in general) a few years back. My opinion has changed a lot since then, and I hope the anime's good elements plays out in the next canon F-Zero title.
Back to top Go down
SpaceSmilodon
Admin
SpaceSmilodon

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:02 pm

Omg. I can't believe I forgot about that. Another thing I didn't like about the anime is how sometimes it was rushed, I mean in the episode where Tanaka sneaks out to see Kate's concert (I think it was this one) at a certain part his arm are all long, slim and without any bones in it XD
Back to top Go down
Neko-Chan
Neko-Chan

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:13 pm

SpaceSmilodon wrote:
Omg. I can't believe I forgot about that. Another thing I didn't like about the anime is how sometimes it was rushed, I mean in the episode where Tanaka sneaks out to see Kate's concert (I think it was this one) at a certain part his arm are all long, slim and without any bones in it XD

Oh lol , poor Tanaka , what stupid things he did before. Or Kate just eat his arm , oh I'm too gore

I don't like Captain Falcon and Blood Falcon clothes with their shoulder pad.
Back to top Go down
SpaceSmilodon
Admin
SpaceSmilodon

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:12 pm

Me neither. I like their GX better best.
Back to top Go down
Black_ShadowGX
Black_ShadowGX

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 7:59 pm

GX designs where better, though Black Shadow's cape was better designed in the anime.
Back to top Go down
NanoZero07
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie
NanoZero07

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:24 am

Agreed with the GX designs. They're the best as of now.

As for the anime:

Pros
An F-Zero anime existing in the first place
Staying true to the characters
Awesome race action
Having every character involved(minus AX characters
Crying or Very sad )
Interesting episodes
VAs

Cons
Not enough Falcon
Ryu moping over his girlfriend
Character designs changing nearly every episode
Captain Falcon should be a person, not a title
Back to top Go down
Neko-Chan
Neko-Chan

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 10:01 pm

NanoZero07 wrote:
Agreed with the GX designs. They're the best as of now.

Cons
Not enough Falcon
Character designs changing nearly every episode
Captain Falcon should be a person, not a title

+ 1

And I'll add .
Why the characters don't change their outfits . I'll not be able to wear the same clothes each day (erk !) and it's dirty pale
Back to top Go down
Reibeast
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie
Reibeast

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 5:17 am

Neko-Chan wrote:

And I'll add .
Why the characters don't change their outfits . I'll not be able to wear the same clothes each day (erk !) and it's dirty pale

Yes! I would have loved to see the characters in casual clothes once in a while. The only ones who really got a change of outfit were Falcon (in his secret identity) and on the very rare occasion, Jody. And that was only one costume change.
I'm actually working on some alternate costumes for some of the characters, but I'm very slow and style challenged... I've only done Miss Killer so far.
Back to top Go down
Neko-Chan
Neko-Chan

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 3:20 pm

Reibeast : can't wait for your work for the alternate costume ^^

And one episode you see Ryu , Jack, Octoman (damn your hot , man lol! ) , EAD (you too Laughing )...dressed as female.

Sometimes Dr Stewart wears his chirurgeon blouse on....with his pilot suit pale
Back to top Go down
DragonBird00
F-Zero Rookie
F-Zero Rookie
DragonBird00

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 7:15 pm

Lucy wore different clothes sometimes too, she's been in three different outfits (work-out, maid, casual) excluding her normal one (:
And perhaps you could count Jack wearing that biker-punk outfit and the gardner hat. xD
Back to top Go down
http://dragonbird00.deviantart.com/
SpaceSmilodon
Admin
SpaceSmilodon

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 7:17 pm

DragonBird00 wrote:
And perhaps you could count Jack wearing that biker-punk outfit and the gardner hat. xD

The hat makes a huge difference xD

Kate Alen has two outfits too I think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.   What you did not like about the F-Zero anime. Empty

Back to top Go down

What you did not like about the F-Zero anime.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next